Friday, August 21, 2009

Service...

Finally another weekend, Last Sunday I’ve already attended the Sunday service and back with the choir again, I seen so many changes though the members are still the same except for the new tenor recruit, when I went to the church I did not let them know that I just attended the mass and did not joined them in singing, I want to hear how they sing, how they sounded now did they improve or they back to their old times way of singing again, I was really curious during that time, and when the mass started and the entourage was starting as the choir sings their entrance hymn I’d listened very cautiously from the entrance up to the recessional hymn I can say that they really improved a lot knowing that most of them are young and sad to say do not really have the talent for singing but these kids are really eager to learn and to develop their singing skills for the sake of service, now look at what are they now the parish already acknowledge and recognized their improvement there are now one of the respectable choirs on the parish, and the others choirs look up to them as their inspirations to sing well and to make their service more meaningful, but during the mass I notice that something was missing with their service I’m having difficulty connecting to their song I don’t feel the sincerity of the lyrics where is the connection this should be a prayer, they opted to sing very technically they forgot to sing on their heart, then I realized did I do something wrong on teaching them I was the one responsible for this I was the one who push them to sing like this. The only thing that comes up in my mind is how will I change it this must be corrected.

After the mass I’ve waited them at the conference room for a meeting, first word that comes out to my mouth is how’s the group any updates guys what’s new, and they responded nothing kuya we still had our practice after the mass and Frederick handles everything. I did not tell them what I’ve notice during the mass, Where is E????C?? she’s in a vacation kuya then someone came (ate baby) and approach me eiiii we miss you so much then I tell them that I’m back for good, I hope no more hassle this time I miss my service. I see the happiness to their eyes after I say those words. Ok we’re going to practice some songs we’ll start with the communion songs you sang earlier, when they started singing I notice that they sing so differently I saw so much emotions and joy to their hearts, I immediately realize and found out to my self the reasons why they sing like this is because of the inspiration that I brought to them, I can see to their eyes how happy they are, like they we’re saying our father has back we’re complete again, now we can serve with full of love.

The practice lasted an hour and thirty minutes, I went home my wife and my kids are still in bed, I glance to them and pray to god to thank him for the inspiration that I have now…

3 comments:

Mary De Leon said...

its nice that youre back. :)

KRIS JASPER said...

My voice doesnt synchronize well with tunes but that doesnt stop me from singing in our office.

:)

Trainer Y said...

wow! you must be really good at what you do for them to be inspired by you..

i missed serving na din..

i missed singing....

oh well, napadaan lang naman po.. salamt for visiting my page.. :D