Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ailing Angel

Last month god gave us another gift of life. We’re very thankful for all his blessings including this newly born baby. At first we don’t know where to find means to finance all of the expenses needed, we don’t know what to do and where to go to ask for some help. It was an overwhelming dilemma for us, but god is so good he made a way for us to make our ends meet. While writing this blog I was in full grief and questioning why some other babies need to suffer from this disease called Biliary Atresia – a condition in newborn baby infants in which the common bile duct between the liver and the small intestine is blocked or absent. This uncommon disease affects 1 out of 20,000 infants and if unrecognized, may lead to liver failure. And the medication for this are really overwhelming which can amount into 1-4 million or high depends on the condition of the baby and some other factors like the hospitalization, and from what I know most of the cases for treatment of this are done abroad. I think Maalaala mo kaya (a reality tv shows that aired true to life stories of other people) had featured a stories of this before.

Why am sharing this thoughts? I have an officemate; her wife gave labor to their 2nd child just two months ahead to my wife, we’re not that really close I didn’t even know much about him but we sometimes ride Mrt together for home since we’re both from north. While waiting to get to the next stations we talk some personal things about our life including our excitement with our new future baby, I was also one the person that he told that he's going to have another baby soon. And from then we lose contact and did not see each other again, because I’d transfer to another function that have different shifts to him. I take my paternity leave for 7 days and when I came back someone told me of what happen. Got also a chance to read one of the blog of one the previous baby that had biliary atresia (http://dedicated2yuki.blogspot.com/) while reading the post of this blog I found out how serious this condition is and makes me so worried, I immediately email my officemate and inform him about my intention to help.

Though we’re having trouble with our finances, I realized that I’m still lucky and bless to be not on this situation.

Everything in life has purpose we may not know it or notice what he really intends, but one thing for sure it has always a good reason that will make us more stronger and obedient follower of him.
And to you Oliver keep faith lang pare.

1 comments:

Jinjiruks said...

Nabasa ko nga message ni Oliver bout baby Daniel. Our prayers are with him for the fast recovery of his son!